* All prices stated are a guide price only and are subject to survey.
Repairing the damage of almost 100,000 burglaries a year, Evander are in the unique position to give the latest insight into new break-in techniques and can recommend simple security solutions from over 25 years of experience.
No one wants to be burgled, so we've put together this simple guide to show you the types of additional home security features you could have fitted today to your front and/or back windows to provide extra security for you and your family.
- Sash Jammer: Our recommendation is to always fit a lock to your window which secure the frames together, rather than just rely on locks which simply secure the handle. A sash jammer is one of the most common security products fitted to windows to do just this. The metal reinforcement bar overlaps the window sash using the frame as a stopper.
- Lockable Window Handles: Having a sash jammer fitted together with a lockable window handle will give you good security on your windows. Containing the lock within the handle mechanism makes for an aesthetically pleasing security solution for most windows.
- Laminated Glass: If your window features single glazed or float glass, we always recommend our customers fit laminated glass. The maniate on the glass helps prevent the intruder getting in via smashing the window.
- Window Snap-lock (for wooden frames windows): Usually fitted to wooden window frames, the snap lock automatically locks when closing the window. It is a solid construction and fits all hinger or pivot windows.
To discuss any of the products above or book your home security survey, simply complete the form above and we'll call you straight back with a convenient date for us to visit and advise you. Or you can call us 7 days a week, 24 hours a day on 0345 145 0130 and talk to one of our trained home security advisors.