uPVC/Composite Door Security
* All prices stated are a guide price only and are subject to survey.
Although a uPVC/Composite door can have a lifespan of 35 years, its imperative that you fit adequate security features to stop would-be intruders gaining entry through your door. we repair the damage to from over, 100,000 burglaries a year, witnessing the latest break-in techniques. No one wants to be burgled, so we've put together this simple guide from over 25 years experience to show you the types of additional home security features you could have fitted to your front or back uPVC/Composite door to provide extra security for you and your family:
- Hinge Bolts: Similar to Birmingham Bars for wooden doors, hinge bolts cover the hinges of your door making it harder to kick the door in
- Laminated Glass: If your door features glass, and in particular single glazed or float glass, we always recommend our customers to fit laminated glass. The laminate on the glass helps prevent the intruder getting in via smashing the window.
- Upgraded uPVC Panel: Some composite doors are not fitted with a strengthened uPVC panel, making it easier to kick that part of the door in. Fitting an upgraded panel within your door can help prevent this.
- Anti-Snap Lock Upgrade: If you have to lift the handle of your door to lock it, your door is more than likely to be fitted with a euro-lock. As featured on BBC TV, this vulnerable lock is susceptible to being snapped very easily, meaning an intruder can gain entry into your property within 30 seconds with minimum fuss. 27% of all burglaries in December 2011 were due to lock snapping. To combat this new technique, fitting an anit-snap lock with help prevent entry being gained by snapping the lock. The quality anit-snap locks we fit are also anti-bump, anti-pick and anti-drill protected as well.
- Night Latch/Lock Upgrade: You may want to consider upgrading your locks to ensure you comply with you home insurance policy, or fit a modern lock that is more robust with additional features including anti-bump, anti-slip and anti-drill qualities built into the lock itself.
- Hoppe Security Handles: Some exterior door handles are easy to snap-off, therefore making it easier to gain entry. Police approved, Hoppe Security handles are durable and strong to make it almost impossible to snap off.
Our call centre is open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day on 0345 145 0130 to offer advice on upgrading your home security from one of our trained home security advisors. Or if you want to have fitted some of the items listed above, simply start by entering your postcode above.