Canopy Garage Doors
The up & over canopy garage door is the most common opening mechanism and one which you’re likely to be familiar with.
What is a Canopy Garage Door?
When you think of a garage door, the first type that pops into your mind is likely be one which has an up & over canopy opening. It’s the most popular type of opening mechanism and one which allows for maximum drive-through width.
The ‘canopy’ name comes from the fact that when the door is opened by lifting it up, it protrudes out of the doorway by about a third. This forms a canopy which provides shelter further out of the garage space. This can be useful if you need to work on your vehicle whilst it’s raining.
A canopy up & over door is compact and opens using strong torsion springs, which come with Evander’s 5 year guarantee as standard. As it’s a common opening mechanism, the canopy garage door is available in a wide range of materials and colours – check out our range of canopy doors to see the different options available to you.
Canopy Garage Door Pros
- Allows for the maximum possible drive-through width
- Simple to operate
- Easy to install
- Available in a wide variety of colours and materials
- British Standard & insurance approved
- Secured by Design certified doors available (the Garador Guardian Range)
Canopy Garage Door Cons
- Difficult to integrate electronic automatic opening
- Door takes up space at the top of the garage when open
- Door protrudes out of the doorway as it is being opened and when it’s fully open