Bristol, Taunton, Gloucester and Swindon
Salary – OTE* £24,847 – £27,750 dependent upon experience ( *Includes: monthly bonus and overtime)
Hours: 42 hours per week
Our business is growing and we are seeking experienced fitters to come on board and join our service engineering teams.
Are you motivated by helping customers and enjoy a varied and busy role? We are looking for new team members to join our Service Engineering team to fit, repair and survey domestic buildings for new windows, door and conservatories.
VPS Property Solutions Glazing and Locks (formerly Evander) are one of the largest glazing and locks companies in the UK and are continuing to expand. We supply and fit a wide range of products, including garage doors, composite doors, front door canopies and a diverse choice of windows. We also provide a national emergency locksmith and boarding-up service via our directly employed and fully vetted Engineers, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Why VPS Property Solutions Glazing and Locks?
- Fast growing business with excellent opportunities for career progression and development.
- Company pension scheme
- Annual leave 20 days (increasing to 25 days) plus 8 bank holidays
- Health Care Cash Plan, and Free Medical and Legal helpline.
- Company van, Uniform, PDA (Personal Digital Assistant/Smartphone), PPE (Personal protective equipment), Tools
- Meet with customers at their homes and undertake assigned installation/repair jobs to excellent standards,
- Validate any claims made, ensuring they are consistent with the damage, ensuring that appropriate photographs are taken of all damage.
- To work effectively and professionally within the policies, procedures, aims, objectives and philosophy of the company with your colleagues.
- Be qualified to NVQ Level 2 in Fenestration or hold an MTC card (or willing to apply for one) and/or NVQ level 3 in Surveying skills
- Hold a CSCS or CCNSG Card otherwise in-house training will be provided
- Be able to demonstrate experience in a similar role
- take pride in exceptional workmanship
- Be self-motivated and able to adapt to different circumstances and knowledge as identified by you, your line manager, people you support and organisation.
- To be person centred in all aspects of your role.
- Have a clean driving licence
In return, VPS Property Solutions Glazing and Locks will supply you with all of the equipment, tools, training and a vehicle to be able to excel in the role.
Our customers are our main priority so above all you will be able to demonstrate a real passion for exceptional customer service and be approachable, personable and helpful to everyone you meet.
An empathetic communicator, you will be able to see things from the other person’s point of view and genuinely enjoy looking after the people you help.
Please be aware due to the work that we undertake you will be required to undertake a Criminal Record and Barring Check known as a DBS check.