As a nationwide locksmith, Evander has been working with locks and home security solutions for over 30 years, so we’ve had a lot of experience with all sorts of lock issues. We’ve had people locked out of their homes in all manner of circumstances, from someone using their only house key as payment for a juke box to people being locked out in just a bathrobe after nipping out to put out the bins.
Common Locksmith Jobs
The most common jobs that our locksmiths deal with aren’t always this amusing. If you’ve been locked out of your home and you feel embarrassed about it, don’t be! It’s more common than you may think. All of our locksmiths are fully trained and benefit from our dedicated Evander academy training, so you’ll be in safe hands.
The most common jobs we deal with are:
- Gaining entry where the homeowner has been locked out. We will always endeavour to do this in the least impactful way, but with higher security locks some damage may be necessary. We would then replace the lock on-site to ensure you’re not inconvenienced more than you need to be.
- Replacing locks on an emergency and non-emergency basis. This often happens when a customer has had their keys lost or stolen. If you have mislaid your house keys then it’s always best to have your locks changed for the sake of security and safety.
- Fitting additional security locks. This is often needed in cases where a customer feels extra security is needed for their home. They may have had a neighbour who has been recently been broken into or they could have been the victim of a burglary themselves. Upgrading the security of your home is never a wasted effort.
- Performing checks to ensure that locks comply with home/business insurance and that they meet building regulations. It’s always important to check your home insurance policy to ensure your current locking system is secure enough to comply with their guidelines. This will help if you ever need to make a claim, as well as ensuring that you’ve got a really good base-level of home security.
- Upgrading existing locks to higher security locks. We replace a lot of basic cylinder locks with anti-snap versions, as ‘lock snapping’ has become a common way for thieves to force entry. You can read more about lock snapping here.
- General door maintenance. As well as attending emergencies, we also deal with the upkeep of locks and keep doors in tip top condition through servicing.
How It Works
Here at Evander we can provide you with a locksmith to help you with your needs round the clock, so even if you’re locked out at 3am we’ll have someone available to answer your call and help you gain entry. Of course, most of the time this will be done via your home insurance company, but we’re perfectly happy to deal with private emergencies too.
- If you have a problem with the security of your home, if you’re locked out or if your door/windows have been damaged, you should call your insurance company in the first instance. As we work with most of the top 20 home insurance companies in the UK, it’s likely that an Evander engineer will attend.
- If you don’t have home insurance, or if you’re not covered for the type of emergency you’re experiencing, then you’re welcome to get in touch with Evander directly on 0345 145 0130. We’re open 24/7, 365 days a year.
- We’ll take your details and ensure we have a number for you that we can call when en-route. Based on the information you’ve given us, we’ll give you a preliminary quote over the phone, and if you’re happy then we’ll deploy an engineer.
- We ask for £20 deposit upfront to be paid over the phone by credit or debit card. This helps us to confirm that the property address is linked to you and ensures security. The rest of the balance will be taken once the job has been completed.
Our nationwide locksmith emergency response times are typically just 1-2 hours, and our engineer will call 30 minutes before he/she arrives. If you’ve got any questions surrounding our locksmith products or services, then feel free to contact us on 0345 145 0130 or use our contact form.